After installing a WMS or TMS, you can go further by investing in an ERP (or PGI, Integrated Management Software) which is a supply chain management software to centralize, manage and improve the operation of your entire supply chain. Discover all its advantages to increase the performance of your business!
An ERP is like the backbone of your company: it is a central software that covers each stage of its operation, each department and organizes its management in the best possible way. He focuses in particular on the supply chain in order to make it ever more productive. From supplier management, through the receipt of goods, their transformation, storage, shipping, customer management and invoicing, ERPs are complete and valuable tools to push the limits of your performance! Few companies refuse to equip themselves, as it is an effective solution to ensure their development on the market. Let’s discover together all the advantages your company can benefit from thanks to an ERP for your supply chain.
What are the benefits of an ERP?
An ERP has many essential assets for the proper functioning of your business:
• Il récolte et analyse toutes les données liées à votre chaîne logistique pour en dégager une cohérence et vous aider à mieux l’organiser.
• In connection with your other corporate software, it automates many tasks and updates the data in each of them.
• It helps decision-making and simplifies reporting
• All your logistics flows are traceable and archived to keep full control of each past and present operation
• Most often, there are ERPs adapted to your sector of activity, or the particularities of your company (marketplace, export management, multi-currency, etc.) If you want to know how to better manage your supply chain thanks to the ‘ERP, do not hesitate to consult our article on the subject.
How to choose the best ERP to meet your needs?
ERP is truly an asset because there are as many as there are types of companies. It would be impossible to tell you that an ERP is ideal, but simply to define the criteria that make an ERP suitable for your business.
The market is dominated by Oracle, SAGE, SAP, QAD and Microsoft, before choosing your ERP, check that it can communicate with your current management software, and that it meets your objectives: improve the satisfaction of your customers, create synergies of the business intelligence is a set of tools that has been constantly evolving for nearly 20 years, and the ERP is certainly an emblem of its success! The gradual dematerialization of exchanges and the increase in competition is forcing companies to fight back: nearly 80% of companies will have an increasing ERP budget in 2022!